Learning for All Ages
Regardless of your age, we offer opportunities to explore, reflect, and learn in a nurturing spiritual community. Unitarian Universalist Adult Enrichment and Faith Formation classes are inspiring. They offer:
- Ethical growth – internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth – connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth – connecting to the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
Our Adult Enrichment and Faith Formation programs include worship opportunities, social justice activities, service trips, fellowship, and fun. Our minister, parents, volunteers from the congregation, and guest instructors teach our classes. By teaching, we deepen our own faith.
We offer faith formation programs for children and youth on Sunday morning. These programs incorporate Unitarian Universalism’s 8 Principles that we hold as strong values and moral guides.
On a given Sunday our preschoolers might be singing songs about kindness while the second graders listen to a story about loss and bereavement. At the same time, the fifth graders are learning about the world’s great religions. Seventh graders might be learning about responsibility in a lesson from our progressive sexuality education program (called OWL). Finally, high-school youth could be raising money for the local homeless shelter.
For all programs and activities, we support a safe and healthy environment.
Our classes for adults are important educational experiences that explore new ideas. All classes and discussions affirm and promote Unitarian Universalist principles.
Our classes address four areas that are particularly important for balanced spiritual development:
- Unitarian Universalist history and faith development;
- Physical and emotional well-being;
- Personal and spiritual awareness; and,
- Social awareness and justice.
Our adult classes and discussions are open to the community. Come explore and learn with us.