Navigating Into Uncharted Waters
Two months ago, I called upon the staff, board and lay leaders to help me put into proper perspective the unseeable horizon that the pandemic created. The people have spoken. We have come up with a brief list of actions that will help us stay on mission.
- Create ways for people to connect via online games
- Improve our Social Media outreach
- Work cohesively as church staff by assisting more with original projects
- Get children and parents more involved in congregation; socially and in the UUA
- Create an online Tombaugh Art Gallery
- Jumpstart the Roundtable virtually
We are already working on each of these tasks. To make sure we bring our best effort to the table, we now have a tech team which comprises Sara Reyes, Brandon Hettinga, and Trudy Gallegos. They will partner with committee members to get the tech-heavy tasks and milestones in place.
As we sail into the summer months, please keep your eyes open for community-building events. Begin using your social media apps, such as Twitter and YouTube. Be ready to respond to UUCLC content and messaging. The more you respond and stay engaged, the more connected we’ll all feel as we navigate the uncharted waters ahead.