Our Mission, Vision, and Covenant
Our mission and vision lead us to be a welcoming spiritual community guided by love and the Unitarian Universalist principles.
Our mission says what we want to be known for within the wider world; what we want to mean to the community. Our vision is a dream of what we want and will become.
To gather to inspire spiritual growth, care for each other and our community, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.
To be a transformational force for love and justice in our community.
Our Right Relations Covenant
We, the Members and Friends of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Las Cruces, in order to create a community of lovingkindness, which fosters individual and community growth and promotes the dignity and self-worth of all individuals, do affirm and covenant to interact with each other with openness, honesty, respect, patience, sensitivity and compassion. Toward this end, we agree to:
- Listen with an open mind, seeing to understand and empathize with each other while embracing our diversity and differences.
- Be clear in communications, reflecting before responding, and requesting and providing clarification when needed.
- Remain engaged during discussions, and place the well-being of the community above disagreement.
- Endeavor to understand the behaviors, needs, and limitations of ourselves and others.
- Acknowledge the right to express opinions freely, seeking to be constructive by making sure our communications are true and expressed in a kind and helpful manner.
- Give receive forgiveness and respect the confidentiality of personal information shared with us.
- Inform ourselves regarding church processes and communications, and accept the responsibilities of membership in this community.
By committing ourselves to this covenant we shall build an environment of trust that promotes free and responsible discussion of ideas while cultivating an atmosphere of joy and celebration in our church community.
Some Ways We Fulfill Our Mission and Vision
We are a Welcoming Congregation that is inclusive of all persons.
We work actively for Social Justice.
Our worship emphasizes the spiritual nature of the world in which we live.