President Charlie Scholz
This is my last column for the Light as your President. I want to thank you for your support and for all the positive comments I’ve received. It’s been a privilege to serve on the Board for three years and work for the last two as your President.
I believe we’ve accomplished much in these past two years. But I also believe we will accomplish even more in the near future.
Not long ago, the Communication Outreach Committee asked me to write some Public Service Announcements for our Church that will be aired on public radio KRWG. For inspiration I looked at the Vision and Mission statements that we adopted in 2019 and wrote some copy inspired by them.
“We are a transformational Force for Love and Justice in Our Community”
“…to inspire spiritual growth, care for each other in our community, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.”
And that, in turn, inspired me to share my Vision (and our Mission) for 2020 and beyond.
- A lively Congregation, meeting for several hours on Sunday morning to celebrate the Good News of Unitarian Universalism with beautiful music, joyous singing, and inspiring words, all in the warmth of Community.
- Our Program of Religious Education reaching out to the children and young adults of our city to awaken them to the promise of Unitarian Universalism.
- Our Roundtable challenging the larger community to action with it’s informative presentations.
- Our worship services being seen and heard in every building on our campus.
- Our Church in use every day of the week with meetings, events, seminars, workshops and teachings, to engage the public and enrich our members.
- Us fulfilling Our Mission by growing spiritually, caring for one another, seeking truth and working for justice.
I’ll see you in Church,
Charlie Scholz, President, Board of Directors