Would You Like to be Part of a Covenant Group?
Covenant groups are groups of six to eight Unitarian Universalists and Friends who meet regularly for six months to a year to share and support each other on their spiritual journeys.
- A way to maintain a “small church” feeling of fellowship within the larger church.
- A place that provides a personal touch to keep us feeling connected to UUCLC.
- A place to explore and ponder some deeper issues of life.
- A place where we can have meaningful connections with other UU’s.
A typical meeting:
- Is scheduled twice per month
- Lasts two hours or less
- Begins with a brief check in allowing us to catch up with each others’ lives and get to know one another on a deeper level.
- Continues with shared reflection on a theme, possibly related to recent Sunday sermon topics, often topics with which we struggle but have few places to explore and share our thoughts, feelings and questions. This strengthens our ties to each other and offers expanding opportunities for growth, caring and connection within the congregation.
If you’d like to meet with a small group of Unitarian Universalists to share stories, speak from the heart and form new friendships, join a Covenant Group. Contact Chris Ramsey email@example.com
Tombaugh Gallery Call For Artists
The Tombaugh Gallery is calling for regional artists within a 200 mile radius of Las Cruces to submit proposals for exhibitions for the 2020 calendar year. Non-traditional media or subject matter is welcome. All artwork must be for sale. Submissions should contain a proposal with information about the artist, type of work to be shown and USB flash drive containing eight (8) representative images as JPG files. For group shows, supply a list of all members and 1 or 2 images from each member. If a show theme is being considered, please explain the theme fully. The Tombaugh Gallery has 44 linear feet for wall display, and in addition, has several pedestals.
Submissions should be postmarked no later than April 15, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified by May 15, at which time possible show dates will be discussed. Artists/shows not selected will be notified at the same time. Artists who want their media returned, must send a SASE.
Artists who prefer to send an electronic submission may contact Judy Licht at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Gallery Website: http://www.uuchurchlc.org/about-us/our-art-gallery/
Address submissions to: Judy Licht, Committee Chairperson, Unitarian Universalist Church of Las Cruces, 2000 South Solano Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88001